The Our Misadventures template sets for Digital Scrapbooking are clean and simple, with a messy twist. They were designed using Photoshop CS 5 and contain PSDs, TIFFs, PNGs, and PAGE files. The PSD files contain shadow styles, the TIFF files do not have any shadows.
The layers are often color coded for ease of use:
- Yellow layers are usually elements — flowers, brads, tapes, etc.
- Blue layers are photo, frame, and mat layers.
- Green layers are paper layers — sometimes larger tapes and banners will be green instead of yellow
- Gray layers are text/word art layers.
- Violet layers are messy paint or inked layers meant to be replaced with your own brushes or transfers. I do try to make these layers easily recolorable if you don’t have a brush you would like to use instead.
I often make the tapes in my templates semi-transparent, like washi tape. Shadowing semi-transparent things is tricky, so I posted this tutorial over at Real Life Scrapped. Since items in my templates are meant to be replaced with items from whatever kit you’re using, I did not make separate layers for the shadows in my templates.
My templates are for personal use only, but are OK for CT use — as long as credit is given! If you would like a S4H license for any of my templates, please contact me.